Thursday, April 2, 2015

March

I can't believe it is almost the end of the program (in less than 2 months). This got me thinking about things I have done right during this year, and things I wish I had done.
But first thing first, we had our NBME shelf exam on MArch 19. It is the final exam in Pharmacology and it tests our knowledge of all drugs we have learned throughout the year. Although the exam was long, I think it was fair (Dr Clarckson handpicks all the questions!), and everything that was on the exam has been covered in class. Truly, all you need is the amazing pharmwiki (just know it really well), go through the block reviews and one additional book that may help is Deja Review Pharmacology. Don't be afraid to use mnemonics to help you (no matter how ridiculous they sound, as long they help you recall the drugs and important side effects!). This should help you get through the exam and hopefully ACE it.
In about 2 months, I will be leaving New Orleans, and I don't know when I'll be back. One thing I regret is not having explored this city more, and not having taken advantage of all the great things it has to offer (especially in terms of culture). Although I made wonderful friends in the program, part of me wishes I also took time to meet  and get to know people outside the program, locals! I've been here for almost a year, and I don't think I know this city at all. I hope to do so during my last two months here: go to the museums, participate in some of the numerous cultural activities that the city has to offer and hopefully interact more with people from here. I will let you know in the next blog post how this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment