Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Reflecting on the semester...



When I first got accepted into the program, I felt a bit scared. I was out of school for almost 4 years, and I was afraid that it would take me a long time to get back into the habit of being a student again.
I also felt very homesick (you really never get used to being so far away from family).
Fast forward 5 months later, I can say that this program has taught me a lot so far: not only has my knowledge in drugs, the diseases they treat and their interactions with bodily systems, expanded tremendously,  it has also introduced me to wonderful people within the program, and I have gained new friendships.

Total volunteer hours for the semester: 32hrs
KIPP: 8hrs in November and December
Gardening: 8hrs (in November and December)
Habitat for humanity: 16 hrs (in September)

No comments:

Post a Comment